Saturday, August 11, 2007

Watermelon memories

I never liked watermelon much as a child. I didn't really start eating it until I was pregnant with our oldest son and developed watermelon cravings. Since then I have enjoyed eating watermelon. This week I bought a small one, and we enjoyed some last night for supper. It helped cool the heat of the shrimp tacos I made. As I was cutting up the watermelon last night, I remembered eating watermelon when I was pregnant and thought about that oldest son, who is now expecting his own son any day.

As we have journeyed with our son and his wife through this past nine months, I've been reminded of the wonder of being pregnant and the blessing of taking part in the creation of new life. I pray we will not go so far with our technology that we think we have gained control over the process. Because God alone is the creator. When we forget that God is the center of the universe, not us, we inevitably stumble and fall. The world is designed with God at the center. Those who do not understand that are like people staggering around in an unfamiliar home after dark, tripping over the furniture and running into the walls because they are in unfamiliar surroundings.

I pray that this little one will arrive safely. His other grandmother and her siblings have chosen his Chinese name. It will be Great Peace. How wonderful to think about this little one and what a marvelous creation he is. I pray he will know that all of his life. And that you too will remember that you are God's marvelous creation.

Grace and Peace,
Donna Sue

No comments: