Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New Every Morning

We just returned from choir practice (the first after a summer break) and rehearsing a Cindy Berry piece for Sunday, "New Every Morning." I love the lyrics, especially "in Your mercy You have given me an anchor for my soul." It's good to be reminded that God's mercies are new every morning. I found myself this morning still half-asleep walking Moses, our dog, and wondering why, since I had just walked around the old live oak tree at the end of our subdivision not many hours earlier after supper last night. But then I began to think about those who don't have a safe place to walk, or legs to walk with for that matter, and I found my eyes opening to the beauty of God's world around me as the day warmed up. I remembered that I walk every day because I try to take care of my body. I hope I will be around to dance at my grandchildren's weddings. I've learned that exercise is like brushing your teeth, you have to do it every day. It's not something you can do once in awhile and be effective. I've learned that prayer is like that too. A relationship with God is like any other relationship, it takes daily time and effort. I pray God will continue to allow me time to exercise this aging body in God's beautiful creation and my aging soul in God's presence through prayer.

Grace and Peace,
Donna Sue

No comments: