Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Time travel

With only a couple of days remaining in this year and in this decade, it is breathtaking to contemplate the changes in my life in the past ten years--mostly for the better. God alone knows what changes the coming year will bring, and I'm content to leave the unknown future in God's good hands. As for the coming decade, I may or may not be around to see it end, though with the heart problems currently under control I'm much more hopeful about that possibility than I was a year ago. In any case, I plan on giving thanks for each new day. I know that I am closer now to the end of this journey than I am to the beginning. I've been richly blessed so far, and as God is good I trust my remaining time in this life will also be blessed. I'm grateful for the distance I've travelled and for the promise of the coming new year.

Grace and Peace,
Donna Sue

No comments: