Monday, December 21, 2009

Jesus loves the little children

Our granddaughter became seriously ill with probable swine flu yesterday. Her brother had it a little over a week ago. I think what's scary about the disease is that it hits the young and very young the hardest, and there doesn't seem to be any rational reason why some become really sick and others don't. This bug has scared the doctors in the family, and it takes a lot to do that.

There's nothing like the serious illness of someone you love to put other problems in proper perspective. When she became so sick, the other things I was worried about became insignificant. I knew for sure that all I wanted for Christmas was for her to be healthy again. Well, that and world peace.

This morning she is much better, though pretty cranky. I'll take cranky over the feverish little girl of yesterday anytime. Thanks be to God for the prayers of our church family, for modern medicine, and for her return to health. I found great comfort yesterday when the congregation sang "Jesus Loves Me." I was reminded that Jesus loves my little granddaughter very much and would care for her no matter what happens in her life. A good reminder in this season of Christmas.

Grace and Peace,
Donna Sue

No comments: