Monday, March 1, 2010

God's promises are new every morning

After I fetched the dogs from the vet where they stayed while we were visiting grand kids this weekend, I took them for a walk. What with the weather and the travel and too much to do, it had been several days since our last walk. As I looked around I saw lots and lots of robins feasting on the neighbors' yards as well as green shoots pushing up through the ground, a few daffodils and one tree that has burst into bloom. Even though the weather has once again become cloudy and colder, I'm content in the knowledge that spring will come once again as it has every year of my life. Somehow that reminds me of God's faithfulness and the reminder in Lamentations in the Bible that God's promises are new every morning. I like the idea that I get a new start with each new day.

Grace and Peace,
Donna Sue

No comments: