Friday, January 2, 2009

Beginning Again

I'm not sure what it is about the artificial beginning of a New Year that seems to provide a clean slate, but it is nice to think about the next twelve months and what 2009 will bring. We are expecting another grandchild this spring, so more joy is in store. I'm hopeful that this year will include fewer losses than last year, when my husband lost both his parents, and I lost my dad. I will be celebrating a milestone birthday this year and will have to give some thought to how best to do that in a way that honors God for all the blessings I have enjoyed in this good life I have been granted. I'm thinking about a trip to Zambia with a group from my seminary, but we'll have to see how things go this spring as well as how expensive the trip will be. I'm sure as the year continues, it will rapidly start to feel less like that clean slate. Fortunately I know that God's promises are new every morning, so I don't have to wait until next year to begin again--something I have no doubt I'll want to do frequently as the year progresses.

Grace and Peace,
Donna Sue

No comments: