Monday, August 6, 2012

Remembering

A year ago this week, our interim pastor died unexpectedly following surgery. How strange to realize that a whole year has passed. I miss her bright smile, green eyes, copper hair, and wicked sense of humor. Our church has moved on without her, reluctantly, but of necessity. Now we will face yet more change when her replacement leaves sometime before the end of the year and another permanent pastor arrives. I confess I do not understand much that has happened this past two years since our last permanent pastor left. But one thing I know without a shadow of doubt: God has been with us throughout this time of sadness and change. For that reason, I am confident that God will be with us as we move into the future, whatever that might hold. I read a quote recently that hit home: "You either trust God or you don't." I referenced that wisdom when I preached yesterday on the passage from John's Gospel in which Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life." That bread is sufficient to feed our souls through whatever changes come. I am grateful for the sure and certain knowledge of God's grace in this time of remembered sadness.

Grace and Peace,
Donna Sue

No comments: