Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Green Pastures

As I opened my blog to write a new post, I realized that I wrote last about Psalm 23, which has been on my mind again for a different reason. My husband and I returned recently from our first trip to Ireland, a place that is cool and green and blessed with rain. As we drove around the countryside and watched the fat sheep in the lush grass, I thought of Psalm 23 and the Psalmist’s promise that God makes us lie down in green pastures. I found that just being there refreshed my body, tired from the 100 plus degrees of this summer in Central Texas, and my soul, weary from the sadness of the past few weeks. Simply being in such a place made the Psalm seem more real to me and reminded me of God’s love. What a blessing to have time away in a beautiful place among new friends to renew my spirit. Maggie, if you are reading this know that you are a blessing. The trip would not have been the same without you, and I am most grateful to have met you.

Grace and Peace,

Donna Sue

No comments: