Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Being Important

I'm thankful that today is the primary here in Texas. This year Texas is considered an important state so the candidates have been lavishing attention on us. I've lost count of the many computerized phone calls we've received. John McCain just "called," and Hillary "called" before lunch. Perhaps there are those who are impressed to hear the recorded voice of someone important. Personally, I prefer the human touch and was more impressed by a call from a live human being asking for my vote. I am grateful for the opportunity we have to go to the polls in this country and for a choice of candidates. All too many around the world are not so lucky. Our friends in Cuba, for instance, just witnessed a presidential "election" in which the result was preordained. I'm willing to put up with a few phone calls in exchange for having a voice. That's a blessing. As for being important, I know that in God's eyes I matter and more than enough importance for me.

Grace and Peace,
Donna Sue

No comments: